Who are we looking for?
ULU needs somebody who will take strong ownership of the entire technology stack; utilizing their knowledge and expertise to improve, manage and make iterations over time.
- Work independently or with other engineers to develop for existing systems
- Assist in scoping, estimating, and planning of projects
- Participate in code review, pairing, and other forms of knowledge sharing
- Assisting support with providing answers to technical questions
Must Have Skills (professional experience):
- Knowledge of MVC frameworks
- Good knowledge of server-side technologies
- Experience with relational databases (we are using Postgres)
- Experience using Git version control
- Fluent written and spoken English - you will be using it every day
- A patient, detail-oriented person with a good sense of urgency
- A continuous learner and a critical thinker
- Able to work and communicate well in a team; be a team player!
- Experience with Ruby (Ruby on Rails framework)
- Experience with frontend frameworks (React, Vue.js, angular, ...)
- Experience with Vue.js and Bootstrap
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with writing unit tests, monitoring code coverage, and linting your code
- Knowledge of Heroku / Docker workflow to develop quick prototypes
- Familiar with support tickets and project tracking systems (Trello)
- Good general programming knowledge and understanding of modern software development processes.